April 2022 President’s Corner
by Kim Dixon, President
Dear fellow Partnering for Peace Members,
Please join us at our semi-annual All Member meeting coming up April 23 at 4pm ET. Included in our one hour meeting will be:
1. Announcements of the Rotary-Peace Corps Week taking place September 19-23rd, in conjunction with the UN International Peace Day. This will help you decide how YOU want to contribute and participate.
2. Updates on the Rotary International Convention in Houston and our participation in it. Beginning June 2 for pre-conferences. We will be involved in pre-conference breakouts, House of Friendship booth with Peace Corps, OUR OWN unofficial breakout Monday, 6 June, Peace Corps Partnerships Meeting at the Marriott Marquis Fort Bend room 3:30-5pm and official PFP Happy Hour that our own Ed Pettitt has organized (Rodeo Goat June 6, at 5pm). Put it on your calendar, and register for the convention if you haven’t done so yet and introduce yourself to us in Houston!
3. KEY NOTE SPEAKER: Michael Ketover, former Peace Corps Country Director of Ukraine. Michael will speak on how Peace Corps and Rotary are contributing in meaningful, focus ways to the Ukrainian conflict. Check out the recording of the meeting here.
A few other key happenings at Partnering for Peace…
- District Conferences – please sign up to rent a booth at YOUR District conference. For Support Materials for conferences and ideas click HERE.
- Many of our volunteers as well as board members are reaching out to interview our newer members. Please respond when they email you – see how WE can help YOU.
- We want to support peace efforts in all ways, even if they don’t directly fall under the PFP mission of facilitating the joint efforts of Rotary and Peace Corps. To that end we have created a PEACE CORNER on our website to post ad hoc peace initiatives of our members. We also have documented our Peace Policy on the Partnering for Peace website homepage.
Thank you all for your support of joint efforts joining the best of Peace Corps and Rotary – in the US and in all countries as we continue to build on a firm foundation of our partnership.
In peace, Kim
President Partnering for Peace
Learn about the Peace Corps/Rotary partnership
Partnering for Peace: Friends of Peace Corps and Rotary, NPCA Affiliate Group
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Georgia 2014-2016