Our mission is to partner Rotary and Rotaract members with past and current Peace Corps volunteers for mutual benefits.
Our vision is to increase service and friendship among Rotarians and former international service volunteers for meeting the goals of both organizations.
Partnering for Peace forms partnerships between Rotary International international and the global Peace Corps community through ongoing networking, technical support and fellowship. It seeks to implement this mission through a variety of efforts:
- Request that Rotary Districts identify all of their international projects, to share with their liaison to the Peace Corps.
- Connect Peace Corps Volunteer recruits with a Rotary club to foster mentoring and support while the PCV is in-county.
- Match Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs) with their local Rotary District to seek partnering opportunities.
- Include Rotary and Rotaract members in meeting with outbound PCVs and their families.
- Maintain a formal partnership between the US Peace Corps and Rotary International.
- Establish formal partnerships with other international service volunteer organizations.
Who We Are
We are a group of volunteers who have walked the path of Peace Corps and Rotary. We noticed the similarities in values, goals, and processes, and how one built on the strength of the other. The two organizations, united, offer opportunities and benefits to both organizations. It is our hope to share this humanitarian magic with others who will embrace the formal partnership between Rotary International and the U.S. Peace Corps.